Rhino-PreTreat is a pre-treatment product for supporting, preparing, cleaning and promoting adhesion to a variety of surfaces prior to priming, coating, painting, and filling. It is an ideal and critical pre-treatment step prior to doing your permanent wood repair.
Rhino- PreTreat cleans wood : pH stabilizes wood and promotes adhesion to wood. It has been used to
pre-treat wood surfaces and concrete prior to your application of coatings, stains, paints and sealers. The
use of Rhino-PreTreat can extend the life of coatings two to three-fold.
Rhino-PreTreat is an excellent wood-stabilizing treatment for severely water exposed wood or flood damaged wood. Following the application of Rhino-PreTreat (and your wood is completely dry), paint or
coatings can be applied.
The Rhino Wood Repair® system is a complete system that cleans, treats, conserves and protects your
wood. Rhino-PreTreat contains no solvents and no VOCs.
Rhino-PreTreat is the first step used in the Rhino Wood Repair® system for wood rot repair, to make sure the wood is properly prepared prior to a permanent repair.
Slowly absorbs into the wood through moisture and will eventually penetrate throughout the wood helping in the Rhino Wood Repair® system maintain structural integrity of lignin.
The Rhino Wood Repair® system provides a protective deterrent/barrier for wood.
coverage is 200-250 sq.ft. per gallon.
Pretreatment of surfaces:
Surfaces being repaired must be dry, clean and sound prior to repairing with Rhino Wood Repair®
system. Prior to the use of Rhino-PreTreat, surfaces may still require sanding, sandblasting, use of
powered grinding tools or scrapers to remove all additional traces of dirt, oil, curing compound, mold
release agent, loose debris and disintegrated materials.
Keep containers closed until just before use. It is best to use products at a temperature above 12°C.
Rhino-PreTreat can be applied at lower temperatures, however, absorption and evaporation rates will be
Keep Rhino-PreTreat away from eyes and skin. Avoid breathing of vapors and use good ventilation. Wear
protective clothing, goggles and gloves.
Flush immediately with plenty of water for 15 minutes and obtain medical aid.
Clean skin with warm water and a soft soap. Never use solvents to remove material from skin.